Small household appliances that you shouldn’t be without in your kitchen
Nowadays there are all sorts of accessories and trends to enjoy your perfect bathroom. You can opt between styles that are rustic, industrial, classic or right on trend. However, it’s not always that easy to achieve this area just as you’d like it in your home. There are lots of dream designs of many types, but it’s not just style that counts: you also need to know exactly what sort of units and accessories to choose so that everything is to your taste. That’s why, in today’s article, we’re going to cover the accessories you should consider to ensure both a practical and perfect bathroom.
There are three essential aspects to know about for everything in your bathroom to come together: bathroom accessories, organisation and storage, and fittings.
At Jaype, we know that it’s the little details that make a difference, so first let’s look at the essential accessories for your bathroom and what you need to know about each of them:
- Towel rails: towel rails have modernised, with new designs that change traditional bathroom concepts. However, you need to consider the space that you have available and ensure that it flows with the rest of the design. Here are the current towel rail types:
- Freestanding towel rail
- Swivel towel rail
- Multi-position towel rail
- Nowadays the best option is to fit heated towel rails. Not only will you keep your bathroom warm and dry, but you will also prevent any damp in towels and dressing gowns.
- Mirrors: these are a must in all bathrooms. We need them to brush our hair, clean our teeth, wash, insert contact lenses, apply make-up and even sneak that quick last glance at ourselves as we are going out. But what’s the best mirror for you? Here are some types that we stock to give you an idea of their features:
- Mirror cabinet: these are ideal if you don’t have much space, and you can store all sorts of accessories inside. Don’t forget to ensure the right height and width for it to fit in comfortably with other units.
- Mirror with fitted shelf: this is the perfect alternative to a mirror cabinet. And, although they aren’t as good for storage, there’s plenty of room for toothbrushes, perfume, soap and anything else you use daily.
- Full-length mirror: although these are rarer in bathrooms, full-length mirrors have certain pros. One is that you can change and get ready in the privacy of your bathroom. Some of these units even have storage space.
- Screens and curtains: a shower screen is always a good option. It makes your bathroom look both elegant and modern. You can get sliding ones that don’t require space to open out and limit the area; or hinged screens that can be opened inwards or outwards unlike the sliding ones, leaving ample space to step into the shower; there are also fixed screens, which are great for small bathrooms as they ensure space and light. However, if you don’t want a screen, you can always opt for a shower curtain to prevent water spraying while you shower. The advantage of these is that:
- They are cheaper
- They’re easy to install and don’t require any building work to fit
- They’re easier to maintain as they can be washed by hand or in the washing machine
- They are available in lots of different styles and colours, adding a pop of colour to your bathroom and a new look every time you replace it.
- Rugs: bathroom rugs need to be practical and attractive. But what do you need to consider when choosing one? The most important element is the fabric, which can be:
- Synthetic: a fabric that dries quickly and can be frequently washed. The downside is that it doesn’t absorb water that well.
- Cotton: great absorption and soft to touch but not as hygienic.
- Exotic wood: it dries faster but can be slippery.
- Natural fibre: coconut fibre is great for absorbing water.
Here at Jaype, we understand the importance of accessories, so we also stock a varied range of products such as: soap dispensers, waste-paper bins, weighing scales, toilet roll holders, toilet brush holders, shelves for soap, toilet-seat covers and toilet fittings.
Organisation and storage
Once you have all the right accessories that needed for a bathroom, it’s important to consider organisation and space. Here are a few tips on how to achieve this:
- Baskets: these are both simple and stylish in a bathroom, and make for great storage. We stock baskets in plastic, but also in wicker which give a more natural look to your bathroom. They are multifunctional too, as depending on their size you can keep anything from shampoos, gels and cologne to towels and clothing in them. Oh, and how about hanging them on the walls to gain space? It works really well.
- Organisers: as we said, organisation is key in your bathroom and, over the last few years, a great range of different and very useful organisers have become available, some of which are boxes. Although they may seem simple and not that attractive, they are very practical and, thanks to all the different new styles, will give your bathroom that special touch. Whether you need them to sort your cosmetics, creams and lotions, or designate each member of the family their own box. Bathroom essentials are very personal, so this is a great way of knowing what belongs to who.
- Waste-paper bins: great for throwing out wipes, little boxes, paper and all the other typical daily bathroom rubbish. It might seem simple to choose a bin, but here are a few types to consider:
- Open waste-bin: suitable for discarding paper and plastic.
- Pedal-bin: opened and closed with your foot, more hygienic and practical.
- Push-button bin: opens at a push of the hand.
Take a look at the other items in our organisation and storage area, such as cupboards and buckets that you may need.
Bathroom taps and fittings
From individual taps to bathroom sets. These are designed for durability while also guaranteeing efficient water supply. There are lots of different styles in all shapes, but what is most important is their appeal. Some are matt, others in bright chrome or even coloured… we recommend investing in high quality taps to prevent corrosion and keep the finish shiny.
The taps are classified as:
- Low spout: Ideal if you have an integrated sink
- High spout: Ideal if your unit has a freestanding sink
- Wall tap: The type to install if your water outlet is in the wall.
Choosing a good hose ensures comfort when showering. We recommend you considering these aspects:
- Length: Normally, shower flex should measure between 10 to 30 cm more than the height of users. Standard measurements are: 1.25, 1.50, 1.75 and 2.00 m
- Steel, brass or stainless steel
- Simple: susceptible to bending and pinching.
- Reinforced: it doesn’t scratch elements and is very hygienic.
As you can see, in order to achieve a practical, elegant and stylish bathroom, you need to consider several factors, elements and accessories. We hope that this article has helped you to choose the best products for your bathroom requirements. If you have any queries, the Jaype team is always happy to help, either in store or through our customer service.